COME FLY WITH US.
After signing in, you will watch a pre-flight 5 minute video that shows you how to slip on the safety equipment, strap into the board, enter the water, steer while in the taxi position, transition from taxiing to flying position, steer the board during flight, and proper landing and general safety procedures. Then you will apply what you learned in the video. Remember, you are in constant voice contact with the instructor at all times. Most people are out of the water and flying within a few short minutes!
- Individual FlyBoarding Experience – 30 minutes – $129
- 5 minute pre-flight instruction + 25 minute flight time
- Extended Individual FlyBoarding Experience – 40 minutes – $169
- 5 minute pre-flight instruction + 35 minute flight time
SOAR WITH FRIENDS
- 1 Hour Duo Flight Experience – 60 minutes – $258 (2 Flyers max)
- 5 minute pre-flight instruction + 55 minute shared flight time
- 1 /2 Hour Group Flight Experience – 90 minutes – $319 (3 Flyers max)
- 5 minute pre-flight instruction + 85 minute shared flight time
- 2 Hour Group Flight Experience – 120 minutes – $389 (4 Flyers max)
- 10 minute pre-flight instruction + 110 minute shared flight time
- 2 1/2 Hour Group Flight Experience – 150 minutes – $489 (5 Flyers max)
- 10 minute pre-flight instruction + 140 minute shared flight time
- 3 Hour Group Flight Experience – 180 minutes – $569 (6 Flyers max)
- 10 minute pre-flight instruction + 170 minute shared flight time
- 3 1/2 Hour Group Flight Experience – 210 minutes – $629 (7 Flyers max)
- 10 minute pre-flight instruction + 200 minute shared flight time
- 4 Hour Group Flight Experience – 240 minutes – $689 (8 Flyers max)
- 10 minute pre-flight instruction + 230 minute shared flight time
- 4 1/2 Hour Group Flight Experience – 270 minutes – $749 (9 Flyers max)
- 10 minute pre-flight instruction + 260 minute shared flight time
- 5 Hour Group Flight Experience – 300 minutes – $829 (10 Flyers max)
- 10 minute pre-flight instruction + 290 minute shared flight time
- 5 1/2 Hour Group Flight Experience – 330 minutes – $909 (11 Flyers max)
- 10 minute pre-flight instruction + 320 minute shared flight time
- 6 Hour Group Flight Experience – 360 minutes – $989 (12 Flyers max)
- 10 minute pre-flight instruction + 350 minute shared flight time
- 6 1/2 Hour Group Flight Experience – 390 minutes – $1069 (13 Flyers max)
- 10 minute pre-flight instruction + 380 minute shared flight time
- 7 Hour Group Flight Experience – 420 minutes – $1149 (14 Flyers max)
- 10 minute pre-flight instruction + 410 minute shared flight time
- 7 1/2 Hour Group Flight Experience – 450 minutes – $1229 (15 Flyers max)
- 10 minute pre-flight instruction + 440 minute shared flight time
- 8 Hour Group Flight Experience – 480 minutes – $1309 (16 Flyers max)
- 10 minute pre-flight instruction + 470 minute shared flight time
CERTIFIED FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR
The idea for Gorge FlyBoard began in January, 2013 when I saw a YouTube video showing six FlyBoarder pilots simultaneously rising up out of the water and flying 30 to 40 feet into the sky. Then came the spins, turns, dives and other acrobatic tricks and I was hooked. Further research revealed that this was called a FlyBoard and was powered from the thrust created by a Personal Watercraft (PWC or JetSki).
Having been an avid water sports guy all my life, waterskiing as a teenager then windsurfing as an adult, I knew this would be a great sport to learn and ultimately teach others. I purchased my new FlyBoard online from the dealer and flew from Maui (our winter home) to Orlando, Florida to learn how to operate it and to receive the necessary instructor training.
It was an unusually cool (38 degree) March morning when I arrived at the lake for training. Fog was rising from the lake since the water was much warmer than the air. Although exhausted from a long flight and suffering from jet lag, I was excited (but a little nervous) to get on the water and learn this new sport. After a few falls forward, quite a few falls backwards and some sideways, I finally found the balance point on the board and then there I was standing almost 10′ above the water on the FlyBoard. During this learning process I had taxied to the far side of the lake. My instructor informed me that we needed to return to our starting point and I needed to fly in a forward motion back to the dock where we had begun. I had figured out how to stand on the board but try as I might I could not get my body to lean forward enough to go forward! Eventually, I was instructed to just lay in a prone position in the water and I taxied back to the dock for some much needed rest.
When I completed my training I boxed up my new FlyBoard and caught a flight back to Maui’s warm waters where I could log in the hours to complete my training to be a certified FlyBoard instructor. I began taking my friends out and teaching them how to fly. After seeing the “perma smile” on their faces and hearing their positive responses my wife, Sue, and I decided to move to Oregon during the summers to open our own flight instruction school, Gorge FlyBoard, and share the thrills and the adrenaline rush with as many people as we could. We will be entering our fifth season in 2017 and I have taught hundreds how to FlyBoard. It is by far the most rewarding experience of my life.
I am fortunate to reside in two of the most beautiful places on earth, 7 months on Maui and 5 months (May to November) in the Columbia River Gorge of Oregon. I have been married for 43 years to my high school sweetheart and we have 3 daughters and 7 grandchildren. I serve on our local fire and EMS department as a volunteer during our time in Oregon. I coached our girls in high school volleyball and basketball which prepared me for my FlyBoard coaching career. During the fall and winter months I operate a home repair and remodeling business on Maui.
I look forward to meeting you and introducing you to one of the most exciting sports in the country. Book your flight soon and I will see you in the air this summer! Fly high! Fly on! -Neil